XC engine into SX chassis
    Junior Member Rookie

XC engine into SX chassis

Looking at fitting an XC engine into a SX chassis, can anyone advise on what’s involved what else in needed etc. Had a look through old posts but didn’t see much?
    Thanks in advance

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    I remember hearing all you have go do is get the front XC motor mounts and you’ll have to fab up a mount for the bottom, should fit the swingarm bolt and match up to the XC mounts off an SX frame. I’ve never done this, just what I’ve read.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngwildandfree View Post
    I remember hearing all you have go do is get the front XC motor mounts and you’ll have to fab up a mount for the bottom, should fit the swingarm bolt and match up to the XC mounts off an SX frame. I’ve never done this, just what I’ve read.
    Having both types of quads I believe this is the main thing that is needed. If you're using the SX carb you'll obviously have some jetting changes. The SX carb also has the hot start on a cable running up to a lever that the XC uses for reverse on the handlebars. XC carb has the hot start on a knob on the carb. It is useful on the SX, but I never use it on the XC so I would definitely keep the hot start knob on the carb from a XC and put the reverse cable going up to the bars. Need a XC header pipe (SX muffler might fit up but not 100% sure) and XC CDI box (SX box has too high of a rev limit). Not sure if the main wiring harness is the same for the SX and XC.
    Last edited by quad97; 04-10-2019 at 04:36 PM.
    Mine:
    2017 Husky FX 450
    2009 505 SX
    2008 525 XC-modded for mx (currently 450 cylinder)
    Dad's:
    2009 450 SX
    2008 540 XC

Sponsored Links