Best exhaust

Thread: Best exhaust

Junior Member Rookie

Best exhaust

What’s the best exhaust for the 505 SX for bottom end power

Junior Member Rookie
    I love the FMF on my 450, got them on all my KTMs

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    The sticky pipe shoutout thread in the SX dyno section has some pipe information, but it's a little dated. If I remember FMF had a pretty strong mid range but dropped off on the top end before some of the others. HMF might be worth looking at as well for bottom end.

The "KTMBill" pipe evolved and became the consensus on here as the best all around full system for the SX quads. Can be purchased here: Home That doesn't mean that it necessarily gives the most bottom end as I haven't seen a dyno graph for the newer generations. I have one of the Gen II pipes on my 505SX and I'm not one bit disappointed in the performance, but fit/finish wasn't the best. I think he's on at least Gen IV and the fit looked better on the later ones.
    Mine:
    2017 Husky FX 450
    2009 505 SX
    2008 525 XC-modded for mx (currently 450 cylinder)
    Dad's:
    2009 450 SX
    2008 540 XC

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    I love the FMF on my 450, got them on all my KTMs
    I'm curious if you also have the FMF headpipe with the power bomb? I have a 505sx with the FMF silencer, but I'm thinking about getting their head pipe too. I'm just wondering if it is worth it? I rather not buy a header with no results.
    2008 KTM 525 XC
    2009 KTM 505 SX

Junior Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by christph View Post
    I'm curious if you also have the FMF headpipe with the power bomb? I have a 505sx with the FMF silencer, but I'm thinking about getting their head pipe too. I'm just wondering if it is worth it? I rather not buy a header with no results.
    Good luck finding an FMF header, I don't think they make them anymore. I tried finding one for my 525 and I ordered one that claimed to be for my quad but turns out they labeled it wrong and it was for a 525 dirt bike instead. I think you can find Motoworks and HMF headers, along with KTMBill headers as well. Best bet on finding the FMF header is posting on here that you're looking for one or looking on eBay/facebook periodically
    2008 540XC
    12.5:1 CP Piston | 43mm Carb | 8/33 Cam | Ported Head | 450SX Swingarm | Houser Steering Stem | Fourwerx Seat | Fuel Customs Intake | American Star Long Travel A-Arms | Elka Stage 5 Shocks | FMF Slip-On | HiPer Beadlocks all around | E-Sticky Graphics
    2008 505SX
    Factory FMF Slip-On

Sponsored Links