Gaerne vs Alpinestar
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by throttlejocky316 View Post
    Where are you getting your info that A-stars aren't made in Italy? My Tech 8's definitely have a tag in them that says made in Italy.

I have had two pair of Tech 8's and the first pair I purchased in '97 and the second pair I purchased in 2005. The only reason for the second pair was that I had completely worn out the first pair so I think that they lasted a pretty good amount of time. I am still on my second pair and they aren't nearly as comfortable as the first ones. The newer version doesn't seem as flexible and they have a vent, by my pinky toe, that hurts when I have to wear them for a long time. I also have a pair of RC AXO's and those are very uncomfortable compared to the A-stars. I too am looking to make the switch to Gearne or Sidi.
    I had a few pairs, they were all made in China. My son currently has Tech 4's. And......... they are made in China.
    OXC/AXC/MOC 247
    MID SOUTH A+30

2013 Sponsors: Houser Racing, Dragon Alliance, Rath Racing, MSR Racing, Hinson Racing, HiPer Technology, JT Sprockets, Outlaw Racing, Go Pro, Dirtworks

08 450XC Bunch of crap not worth mentioning...........
    08 525XC Converted to a 450XC

Senior Member Member
    I think the old ones like my Tech 8 are made in Italy, the new ones or at least one the I saw maybe tech 6? said CHINA
    ds450mx
    ds450x
    trx350r
    kfx450
    ktm125
    ktm300
    ktm450xc
    ktm450sx

Senior Member Member
    Either people are catching on or the people on this site are just smarter, I admit I bought Tech 8 cause that was the boot I was told to buy, they are old an still not flexible, but the Gaerne or SIDI both seem to make a more flexible boot, I don't know model of sidi I have an then of course heard about Gaerne. Where I am at techs are common an no dealers around here carry the Gaerne or SIDI, so you might have to go with a place online that is willing to return them.
    ds450mx
    ds450x
    trx350r
    kfx450
    ktm125
    ktm300
    ktm450xc
    ktm450sx

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Member
    the people on this site are just smarter
    Of course we are smarter...We ride KTM!

Member Rookie
    Both brands are great, but I prefer Gaerne, it more cheaper. By the way beware of Alpinestar imitation. Another good brand as other forumers recommend is Sidi.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    Tried on about 12-15 different pairs of boots at a dealer a couple months ago. The fox instincts hands down felt the best. Very flexible with the pivot point and I feel like it would offer a lot of protection in a get off like any other hinged boot. Couldn't get used to the bootie in the tech 10, tech 8 boots kinda felt cheap, garne boots were good but didn't really stand out like the instincts in fit and feel. Sidi's were a little tight in the ankle. The second best boot there I tried on was the 661 flight boot.
    X2 KTM450SX - KTM Bill pipe (dasa practice bike), skid plate, battery box & case saver, FCI, Fastranchero carb, Baldwin 14:1 engine, Hinson clutch, Walsh a arms, stem & swingarm, PEP PB1's & PEP ABC, Texeira gusset kit & steering flag, Precision Pro & Anti Vibe, Razrcross fronts & Razr XM rears, Fourwerx hood & seat, Rath nerfs, bumper & grab bar.
    2013 Walsh CRF450R EFI Hybrid - Fox Float 3 & Podium RC2, Rath, Rage 13:1 engine, stage 2 hot cam, Hinson clutch.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    If they'd make these boots in USA you'd either be broke after you bought them, or you'd be happy to ride bare feet.

I have Alpinestars Tech 3 (yes I know safety is not as good as Tech 7 or Tech 10), but I love the feeling of Tech 3. The only issue has been that I am replacing them every season because the sole rips quite quick on the sharp nerf bar teeth.

I've had Tech 10 before and did not like them at all. Never tried Tech 7.

I did try on JETT boots (which supposedly are made in Italy), and had an interesting feel. I wouldn't say better, it was just unique. I guess it depends on taste but at the end I opted for the Tech 3 instead. I think the JETT Boots are made more for dirt bikes than quads, as with most boots.

I'll probably upgrade to Tech 7 one day and see how that feels.

The booty thing is a love it or hate it type of thing. You can just get the one without it if you don't like it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links