What is everyone using for storage while riding ? - Backpack or belt bag made by KTM
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By KTMfreak

Thread: What is everyone using for storage while riding ? - Backpack or belt bag made by KTM

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    Team,

I'm just wondering, what you guys been using for storage of e.g. (wallet or car keys) while riding on your own or practising on your favourite track. I don't have any pockets fitted on my riding gear. I used to have Yamaha, and there was a small storage place close to air-filter.

If I was going with a backpack I would look you for a one with hydration thing. E.g.: they sell for $50 US. But, then I don't really like the feel of having something on my back while practising. But hopefully that would stay in place at all time.

I also thought about belt bag ... but that will wiggle more than backpack I reckon. $40 US

Can you guys share what you've been using ? I'm most certain that I'll go with the backpack as it provides storage compartment for tools also. Is anyone using the above, please share your thoughts ...
    www.ATVriders.pl

Sponsors: Lonestars, Fourwerx, KTM, Precision, Quady Srem Racing Team, PEP suspension

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict

I use the back pack type because I ride in the dunes and need the hydration part of the back pack. I really don't feel it on my back wile I'm riding, my mind is else where.

Brian
    <div align='center'><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">600XC built by Travis Smith at Thumper Racing. Protected by AMSOIL. It has, Stroked, Lightened, and Balanced Crankshaft, AC Bearing Mod, Crank Bearing pressure Oiling Mod, 12.5 to 1 Coated Wiseco Piston, T/S Case Mods, Ported Head by Thumper Racing with +1 ss KW Valves and Valve Springs with Titanium Keepers. Web Stage 5 Cam, 43mm Carb with fast64rachero mods, Minot Billet Water Pump, CV4 Orange Radiator Hose Kit, Thumper Racing Crank Case Evac Valve, Polaris Bob Oil Filter Adapter with SRC Clamps and Plumbing, JAGG 10 Row Oil Cooler, DASAPovic Titanium Exhaust System with SRC Billet Adapter, PMXTEC Head Light. Pro Armor Front Bumper, Pro Armor Fat Tube Nerf Bars, FASST Flex Handle Bars, Precision Steering Stabalizer, Rocket Ron upgraded Ohlins Dual Rate rear Shock, Tripple Rate Front Shocks, Extended kTm A Arms, Extended Brake Pedal, Four Werx Carbon Fiber everything, and all the Orange kTm bling bling.</span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span> </span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></span></div><div align='center'>www.schulermotorsports.com</span></div>

Quote Originally Posted by PoPs77s View Post
    I use the back pack type because I ride in the dunes and need the hydration part of the back pack. I really don't feel it on my back wile I'm riding, my mind is else where.

Brian

Same here. I keep my car keys a couple of tools , my cell phone and a liter of water in the hydration bladder. Don't even know it's back there.
    08 525 XC -mine SOLD
    05 Yfz 450- wife SOLD

08 Raptor 250- Daughters SOLD

10 Raptor 250- Daughters SOLD

Heavy Equipment Mechanic- Vermeer

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

I've got one of the Moose XCR packs, pretty much the same as a Camelback.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    im going to buy one of these, my friend has one. Pretty slick

Flight Vest
    08 XC 525

KTM Goodies - Akrapovic - Fasst Flexx - ODI Grips - Fourwerx Bits - JD Jetting - R&D Racing - Fuel Customs

Member Rookie
    If I am doing enduro then I use my hydrapak for gatorade, camera, wallet, keys, small air compressor, tire plugs.
    http://www.hydrapak.com/catalog/product2130.htm
    And my o´neal waist bag with ratch, metric allen wrenches, etc.

If on the track then leave everything in the car.
    ShaneJonez4 likes this.
    Mwahahahhahha

Moderator KTMATVHQ Guru
    KTM ogio no-drag

2016 Walsh/Elka YFZ450R
    2011 Raptor 125
    2009 450sx
    2008 525XC
    2006LT80

Quote Originally Posted by screenlookr View Post
    im going to buy one of these, my friend has one. Pretty slick

Flight Vest

that is pretty sick,,,is there a place to put bear spray??

Senior Member Member
    From the pictures ive seen it looks like a mount that holds the resivor for the SX rear shock near the subframe. Anyone use this to mount a piece of pvc pipe on their XC in the same spot? for holding tools?

450XC, 12.5:1 540 kit, Baldwin Promo head, 08/06 cam, HMF Slip on, 41MM DJH carb, FCI intake, PB Oil Cooler, Eagle Eye HID

I have a 6 pack rack, and mounted a small cooler on there. I put a couple waters, snack, wallet, keys, cell phone, etc back there, and then throw a towel in to take up the space so it doesn't rattle around. I hate the thought of having stuff in a backpack while riding. My back would not hold up to that.
    2009 OUTLAW 525 IRS. 41mm carb, HMF Competition Series Pipe, Custom Full Intake,Polaris Bob Oil Cooler Adaptor with Custom Cooler, Rath +3 A-arms, ALBA Anit-Vibe kit, 15 Tooth sprocket, Pure Polaris Nerfs, Pure Polaris Handguards, Pure Polaris Front Bumper,Fox Podium X Shocks (4), PRM 6 pack rack, PRM Rear A-Arm Guards, Pit Posse Shifter, Daytona Digital Tach, G-Force Wheel Spacers, IRazr Radials, Thumper Racing crankcase vent.

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman View Post
    I have a 6 pack rack, and mounted a small cooler on there. I put a couple waters, snack, wallet, keys, cell phone, etc back there, and then throw a towel in to take up the space so it doesn't rattle around. I hate the thought of having stuff in a backpack while riding. My back would not hold up to that.
    post a pic
    08 525..
    Chassis: Flexbars, Handguards, Factory Nerfs with Heelguards, PRM Belly Skid, Dual Chain Discs and custom rotor guard in the back, Gt thunder conversion, honda throttle,

Motor: Thumper Racing 570 kit, DRG Ported Head, Kibblewhite +1mm Valves, 806 Cam, 42.5mm bored Car, Hmf Slip-On

i used to use a back pack with hydration pack built in like what was posted above, then i would keep some money in there (cause ya never know) , some snack, tissues, and tearoffs.

however, when i would ride in large groups, esp with my buds with shee's, i would end up with 2 liter bottles of fuel for them, then another water for other peeps... it got to be a pita, so i just got pants with large enough pockets, now i keep a snack, sometimes one of the mini bottles of water (like 6oz) and money, and if i need, my extra key for my truck.

i have thought about taking the back pack again, just if i would i would say hell no to carrying everyone elses crap, thats just b.s. imo. if you have a machine that has short range, then figure something out.

after i stopped using my pack afew years ago, they started duct taping the fuel to their racks lol
    built 400 ex 461, all done up, sleeeeper. 47hp, 32lb/ft... sold

450xc, baldwin head w/Ti valves... motoworks full system... never done...
    i may ask a lot questions, but i also know some things.
    i dont capitalize, or punctuate or use spell check, but i will joke sometimes about spellcheck

PRM 6 pack rack with Walmart-Racing cooler added!!

Works great for food, drinks, tools, phone, gloves, whatever!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What is everyone using for storage while riding ? - Backpack or belt bag made by KTM-pict1198.jpg  
    2009 OUTLAW 525 IRS. 41mm carb, HMF Competition Series Pipe, Custom Full Intake,Polaris Bob Oil Cooler Adaptor with Custom Cooler, Rath +3 A-arms, ALBA Anit-Vibe kit, 15 Tooth sprocket, Pure Polaris Nerfs, Pure Polaris Handguards, Pure Polaris Front Bumper,Fox Podium X Shocks (4), PRM 6 pack rack, PRM Rear A-Arm Guards, Pit Posse Shifter, Daytona Digital Tach, G-Force Wheel Spacers, IRazr Radials, Thumper Racing crankcase vent.

Banned Member
    What is everyone using for storage while riding ? - Backpack or belt bag made by KTM-img_0255.jpgWhat is everyone using for storage while riding ? - Backpack or belt bag made by KTM-img_0256.jpgWhat is everyone using for storage while riding ? - Backpack or belt bag made by KTM-img_0257.jpgWhat is everyone using for storage while riding ? - Backpack or belt bag made by KTM-img_0259.jpgWhat is everyone using for storage while riding ? - Backpack or belt bag made by KTM-img_0254.jpg The belt bag is AWESOME. No wiggle what so ever. The waist has some rubbery material that is slide proof. There are are 2 side pockets. Unzip the one on the left (both zippers) and it expands to hold a long drinking vessel. The center pocket has 8 holders for sockets, 5 more elastic spaces for ratchets etc, 5 for screw drivers, a mesh pocket, and an outside large deep pocket that can easily hold a large (gator aid). It is also ear piece compatible. The main frame is solid in the center and this thing is built TOUGH. I have the backpack too but nothing compares to the feel and storage space. It's like nothing is there. It'll carry more than you will use.
    Last edited by Quad; 06-24-2013 at 02:48 AM.

Administrator KTMATVHQ Guru
    i use the Ogio KTM branded hydration back pack (the smaller version, there are two), superb back pack, best one I have owned.
    KTM 505 SX: Web cams / 13.5:1 custom CP / balanced and modded crank / custom Vortex X10 ignition / Ported head / 43.5mm billet centre bored carb / KTM Akrapovic muffler / Mino hi vol water pump / 12 deg flexx's / houser stem / elka 5 / PEP PB1's and PEP LT rear / Walsh Flow A Arms / Quad tech seat & Foam / CF nose / FCI intake / relocated batt box / KTM Bill header / KTM factory SS Oil Pump setup / Manual cam chain tensioner Next round of mods: oil cooler........ the NEW TOP DOG 114 hrs…. best race engine I've owned

KTM 554 XC
    : sx style crank, light weight SXF flywheel, TT sxf stator, steel linered cylinder, custom JE piston ceramic coating, plus 1 ported head / 807 cam, 43.5mm carb. Mino hi vol water pump. KTM Bill custom exhaust, FCI intake, JB A Arms, PEP PB1s front LT and rear , Lonestar axle, 12 deg Flexx's, CF nose, elka 3 steering damper, KTM factory nerfs, factory white plastic and graphics / gell cell battery Next round of mods: oil cooler........

gotta stop spending $$$ on these KTM's...…..

Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS - 2011
    , lonestar plus 2 A Arms, cut MXR front shocks (minus 1 ") with ZPS / ttripple rate, FUJ rear suspension rear shock mount units drops ride height 2", FUJ HD adj sway bar, 1.5” rear billet wheel spacers, Polaris nerfs, bumper and rear rack, Yoshi competition slip on, Pro Taper bars, acerbis hand guards, Trailtech GPS with billet protector. KTM throttle / Honda Front master cylinder and shorty lever / 41mm carb & hi flow intake runner / big filter / Billet FCR transition ring. Modified rear spring package / rear revalve.

next round of mods: 8/33 cam, Hi Flow water pump and 540 cylinder / wossner piston waiting to go in, fastway 3 steering damper ala KTM setup, custom header using KTM XC header as a starting piece, light flywheel setup.
    gotta have something to modify this year !

LTR 450
    , My Wife Nicola's ride & my back up mxer - 493 BB / JE piston / special order Yoshi motard cams / custom fueling map / tcs LT ZPS front end setup, TCS rear ZPS revalve / ims tank / TB exhaust / power commander / proflo - K&N / 14 deg flexx's / race nerfs / armadillo bumper/ Denton damper, next round of mods: ported head and carillo rod...... the clark kent of the ATV trio ! 210 hrs and still going strong ! the BB kit transformed this machine, it hauls the mail now !!!!

A garage full of wheels and tires for them all........ speedway / sand / MX / cross country, over 30 at last count all on rims ready to rock

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013
    NZ Vets (40+) North Island MX champ 08, 09, 12 & 13
    NZ TT champ Vets (40+) 06, 08, 09,12 & 13
    Auckland ATV Club Sprint Series Champ 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 13
    hope to get a good season in for the remainder of 2014.......finding time to ride being the biggest problem !

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bh84 View Post
    KTM ogio no-drag

I also use the same bag, looks really slick and storage is really abundant.

Sponsored Links