boots
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: boots

Member Rookie
    I got Alpine Star Tech 3's a really like them for the price. Stiff but feel good. I only trail ride with them though.
    2009 525XC, slowly evolving...
    Current mods: modded card as per Walt, fully built stock Ohlins by Rocket Ron, LED dash lamps, LED lo-beam Light, home built HID setup for hi-beam... more to come.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    I love my Gaerne SG-10s!
    Ford Mechanic by day, anything else after hours.

2009 KTM 450SX ATV

Member Rookie
    alpinestars tech 7, most comfortable boot I've had so far.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Moderator KTMATVHQ Guru
    astars tech 10s for me, they were really stiff in the beginning but the are nice now, buckles are a pain though, you have to hammer on them so they lock properly, the pry them off when youre done
    2016 Walsh/Elka YFZ450R
    2011 Raptor 125
    2009 450sx
    2008 525XC
    2006LT80

Member Rookie
    My only pointer is DO NOT buy fox trackers. I had them for 6 months and they weren't even close to waterproof. the first puddle i hit my feet were soaked every time. if you only ride desert where there is no water go for it, but any water at all and it will find it's way to your socks. I have alpinestars tech 8's now and my feet are very happy.

Administrator KTMATVHQ Guru
    Gaerne 10's and 12's, only one thats comfortable on my big hoof.......
    KTM 505 SX: Web cams / 13.5:1 custom CP / balanced and modded crank / custom Vortex X10 ignition / Ported head / 43.5mm billet centre bored carb / KTM Akrapovic muffler / Mino hi vol water pump / 12 deg flexx's / houser stem / elka 5 / PEP PB1's and PEP LT rear / Walsh Flow A Arms / Quad tech seat & Foam / CF nose / FCI intake / relocated batt box / KTM Bill header / KTM factory SS Oil Pump setup / Manual cam chain tensioner Next round of mods: oil cooler........ the NEW TOP DOG 114 hrs…. best race engine I've owned

KTM 554 XC
    : sx style crank, light weight SXF flywheel, TT sxf stator, steel linered cylinder, custom JE piston ceramic coating, plus 1 ported head / 807 cam, 43.5mm carb. Mino hi vol water pump. KTM Bill custom exhaust, FCI intake, JB A Arms, PEP PB1s front LT and rear , Lonestar axle, 12 deg Flexx's, CF nose, elka 3 steering damper, KTM factory nerfs, factory white plastic and graphics / gell cell battery Next round of mods: oil cooler........

gotta stop spending $$$ on these KTM's...…..

Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS - 2011
    , lonestar plus 2 A Arms, cut MXR front shocks (minus 1 ") with ZPS / ttripple rate, FUJ rear suspension rear shock mount units drops ride height 2", FUJ HD adj sway bar, 1.5” rear billet wheel spacers, Polaris nerfs, bumper and rear rack, Yoshi competition slip on, Pro Taper bars, acerbis hand guards, Trailtech GPS with billet protector. KTM throttle / Honda Front master cylinder and shorty lever / 41mm carb & hi flow intake runner / big filter / Billet FCR transition ring. Modified rear spring package / rear revalve.

next round of mods: 8/33 cam, Hi Flow water pump and 540 cylinder / wossner piston waiting to go in, fastway 3 steering damper ala KTM setup, custom header using KTM XC header as a starting piece, light flywheel setup.
    gotta have something to modify this year !

LTR 450
    , My Wife Nicola's ride & my back up mxer - 493 BB / JE piston / special order Yoshi motard cams / custom fueling map / tcs LT ZPS front end setup, TCS rear ZPS revalve / ims tank / TB exhaust / power commander / proflo - K&N / 14 deg flexx's / race nerfs / armadillo bumper/ Denton damper, next round of mods: ported head and carillo rod...... the clark kent of the ATV trio ! 210 hrs and still going strong ! the BB kit transformed this machine, it hauls the mail now !!!!

A garage full of wheels and tires for them all........ speedway / sand / MX / cross country, over 30 at last count all on rims ready to rock

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013
    NZ Vets (40+) North Island MX champ 08, 09, 12 & 13
    NZ TT champ Vets (40+) 06, 08, 09,12 & 13
    Auckland ATV Club Sprint Series Champ 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 13
    hope to get a good season in for the remainder of 2014.......finding time to ride being the biggest problem !

Junior Member Rookie
    Gaerne SG10's here too.

jeff

Senior Member Member
    for just trail riding i use the alpinestar tech 2.

Junior Member Rookie
    I love my SG10's, Ive had mine for a good 3 years of hard motocross and they are still amazing. I know they would be just as good for trail riding.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict

Sidid Crossfire SRS in white of course
    2009 KTM 505SX

Web stage2 cams,12.5/1 comp,OEM piston,43.5mm taper bored billet insert carb with FastRanchero mods,DASA ported polished head,Carillo rod,ProX rod bearing,Complete Hinson clutch kit,Vortex X10,KTM high flow water pump,DASA full exhaust,FCI intake,Dyno tune..

Rocket Ron Tripple Rate WP's,Skat Track Edge 20x10x8 8 paddle,Maxxis Razr Blade 21x7x10,Ohlins steering damper,Insert modded fuel tank,HID lighting,FourWerx Carbon bits,KTM Powerparts all around..

Junior Member Rookie
    for rec riding i love sportin' my Thor 50/50 boots! you can ride....walk to check something out.....ride....chill by fire....ride.... play horseshoes....ride
    09 505sx
    Web stg2 cams
    Sredum 43mm carb with fast64ranchero carb mods
    DRG ported head
    Modded box and cage
    Lots of ktm goodies

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    the thor 50/50 boots are prolly a half step above my caterpillars lol, interesting, havent seen them before.

had other boots before, when i rode 2 wheels, just they never flexed enough for me on my quad, seemed to bind. and i didnt wanna spend 300+ on boots to ride in the woods. ill have to look into those.
    built 400 ex 461, all done up, sleeeeper. 47hp, 32lb/ft... sold

450xc, baldwin head w/Ti valves... motoworks full system... never done...
    i may ask a lot questions, but i also know some things.
    i dont capitalize, or punctuate or use spell check, but i will joke sometimes about spellcheck

Junior Member Rookie
    I've had both Fox F3 and Sidi. I love the Sidi for the flex and comfort. The Fox felt plush but stiff and hard to maneuver in. I now use the Sidi Crossfire and feel they are the best full height boot and wont ever go back to Fox.
    This is a personal choice everyone needs to make it them self...try them all on, everyones foot is different and every boot will fit different.
    Test Fit, Test Fit and Test Fit.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict
    How durable are the Fox F3's? I love my Forma's but they're starting to show some wear and I found out a couple of month's ago that I can log into the Fox dealer site since they have some kind of deal worked out with my employer. I figure I can't go wrong for less than $150.

Junior Member Rookie
    Thor 50/50 for rec riding only...dont race in 'em. lol. they have the hard solid soles like a normal boot and they buckle on the "high tops" part also so when you're jumping the foot pegs dont eat your foot arch and support ankle really well. also if you dont run heel guards...bad choice of boot.they're my fav for the dunes too
    Quote Originally Posted by powertechn2 View Post
    the thor 50/50 boots are prolly a half step above my caterpillars lol, interesting, havent seen them before.

had other boots before, when i rode 2 wheels, just they never flexed enough for me on my quad, seemed to bind. and i didnt wanna spend 300+ on boots to ride in the woods. ill have to look into those.
    09 505sx
    Web stg2 cams
    Sredum 43mm carb with fast64ranchero carb mods
    DRG ported head
    Modded box and cage
    Lots of ktm goodies

Quote Originally Posted by Dice Wiley View Post
    Thor 50/50 for rec riding only...dont race in 'em. lol. they have the hard solid soles like a normal boot and they buckle on the "high tops" part also so when you're jumping the foot pegs dont eat your foot arch and support ankle really well. also if you dont run heel guards...bad choice of boot.they're my fav for the dunes too
    I dont race, just woods... hence y i wear my cat boots now lol. i could see the shortness being an issue tho.
    built 400 ex 461, all done up, sleeeeper. 47hp, 32lb/ft... sold

450xc, baldwin head w/Ti valves... motoworks full system... never done...
    i may ask a lot questions, but i also know some things.
    i dont capitalize, or punctuate or use spell check, but i will joke sometimes about spellcheck

Moderator KTMATVHQ Guru
    i thought i had a nice boot in the tech 10s, but the sidis are on a whole other level. even my buddy with sg12s said he liked the way they feel
    2016 Walsh/Elka YFZ450R
    2011 Raptor 125
    2009 450sx
    2008 525XC
    2006LT80

Just got another set of gaerne sg10s. Man these boots work well for me. Little to no break in time and very easy to move around in with that pivot system. My last pair lasted 2 full years of riding, and still are decent back up boots.
    09 505sx Sold but not forgotten!

09 450sx Sold "DAMN IT"

2010 sponsors, Ktm Northamerica, Fasst Co, DWT racing, Hinson cc, EVS sports, Gaerne, Action motorsports.

Administrator KTMATVHQ Guru
    I have a pair of the thor 50 / 50 for duning and trail riding, they are perfect in that application and not as hot to wear as full boots. My next pair of race boots will be another set of gaernes for sure
    KTM 505 SX: Web cams / 13.5:1 custom CP / balanced and modded crank / custom Vortex X10 ignition / Ported head / 43.5mm billet centre bored carb / KTM Akrapovic muffler / Mino hi vol water pump / 12 deg flexx's / houser stem / elka 5 / PEP PB1's and PEP LT rear / Walsh Flow A Arms / Quad tech seat & Foam / CF nose / FCI intake / relocated batt box / KTM Bill header / KTM factory SS Oil Pump setup / Manual cam chain tensioner Next round of mods: oil cooler........ the NEW TOP DOG 114 hrs…. best race engine I've owned

KTM 554 XC
    : sx style crank, light weight SXF flywheel, TT sxf stator, steel linered cylinder, custom JE piston ceramic coating, plus 1 ported head / 807 cam, 43.5mm carb. Mino hi vol water pump. KTM Bill custom exhaust, FCI intake, JB A Arms, PEP PB1s front LT and rear , Lonestar axle, 12 deg Flexx's, CF nose, elka 3 steering damper, KTM factory nerfs, factory white plastic and graphics / gell cell battery Next round of mods: oil cooler........

gotta stop spending $$$ on these KTM's...…..

Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS - 2011
    , lonestar plus 2 A Arms, cut MXR front shocks (minus 1 ") with ZPS / ttripple rate, FUJ rear suspension rear shock mount units drops ride height 2", FUJ HD adj sway bar, 1.5” rear billet wheel spacers, Polaris nerfs, bumper and rear rack, Yoshi competition slip on, Pro Taper bars, acerbis hand guards, Trailtech GPS with billet protector. KTM throttle / Honda Front master cylinder and shorty lever / 41mm carb & hi flow intake runner / big filter / Billet FCR transition ring. Modified rear spring package / rear revalve.

next round of mods: 8/33 cam, Hi Flow water pump and 540 cylinder / wossner piston waiting to go in, fastway 3 steering damper ala KTM setup, custom header using KTM XC header as a starting piece, light flywheel setup.
    gotta have something to modify this year !

LTR 450
    , My Wife Nicola's ride & my back up mxer - 493 BB / JE piston / special order Yoshi motard cams / custom fueling map / tcs LT ZPS front end setup, TCS rear ZPS revalve / ims tank / TB exhaust / power commander / proflo - K&N / 14 deg flexx's / race nerfs / armadillo bumper/ Denton damper, next round of mods: ported head and carillo rod...... the clark kent of the ATV trio ! 210 hrs and still going strong ! the BB kit transformed this machine, it hauls the mail now !!!!

A garage full of wheels and tires for them all........ speedway / sand / MX / cross country, over 30 at last count all on rims ready to rock

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013
    NZ Vets (40+) North Island MX champ 08, 09, 12 & 13
    NZ TT champ Vets (40+) 06, 08, 09,12 & 13
    Auckland ATV Club Sprint Series Champ 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 13
    hope to get a good season in for the remainder of 2014.......finding time to ride being the biggest problem !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links