Florida MX Tracks
    Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member

Florida MX Tracks

So I been riding MX tracks in Florida. Mostly Bartow MX and Sunshine MX in Tampa.

Anyone know any other good quad friendly tracks? I was at Bithlo in Orlando but they said today was the last day ever for ATVs on the track. Where do all the Florida riders ride?

Also I decided to buy my friends quad and storing it in a self storage in the Tampa area. Going to take a flight during the winters every 2 weeks or so and ride the Bartow/Sunshine tracks. If anyone else rides here then let me know!

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    I am down in florida as well, I have a list of tracks but havent gotten to do any riding yet. I still have to call them and find out if they let quads and hours they are open. if you find any more information out on any tracks post it up. I will try to get stuff figured out and keep you updated as well.

-09 450sx- KTM slip-on, Bills a-arms, Rocket Ron WP's.

-09 450sx- Bill's pipe, and a-arms, PEP Shocks, Baldwin head, Walt's dual squirt AP nozzle and 41.5mm bore.

Both have Quadtech hoods, Ranchero carbs, Kiwi's spring mod, KTM Bill skidplates, High flow water pumps, KTM Bumpers, and Pro Armor Nerfs.

2014 Sponsors- 38 Motorsports, Leatt Brace, Vertex Pistons, 100%, Lucas Oil, Jettrim, Streamline Brakes, Gaerne, KTMPartsHouse

How long you going to be in FL for? Where in FL are you?

Let me save you time and tell you that Bithlo no longer accepts quads starting in the year 2014 which means I was the last quad to touch their track. Dirty foot adventures is permanently closed. Hardrock looks like an awesome track but they don't allow racer quads on there, they hate us.

I was in sunshine and bartow which is in the tampa area. Those are very quad friendly but there's no quad riders that I seen there except 1 guy on a Raptor 700 and it was his first time on an MX track so that don't even count as a rider.

There's also Dade City that I haven't been to but I heard it is quad friendly.That pretty much covers the south west of Florida.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

planning on being here until late february. i called all the tracks i have on my list. several went to the answering machine. will try again tomorrow. everyone that answered was no quads allowed... we are in the orlando area. kissimmee actually. we will probably meet at one of the two tracks you mentioned if i had to guess. if i find any more i will let you know.

-09 450sx- Bill's pipe, and a-arms, PEP Shocks, Baldwin head, Walt's dual squirt AP nozzle and 41.5mm bore.

Both have Quadtech hoods, Ranchero carbs, Kiwi's spring mod, KTM Bill skidplates, High flow water pumps, KTM Bumpers, and Pro Armor Nerfs.

2014 Sponsors- 38 Motorsports, Leatt Brace, Vertex Pistons, 100%, Lucas Oil, Jettrim, Streamline Brakes, Gaerne, KTMPartsHouse

sunshine motocross and bartow motocross are the only definite yes quads are allowed so far. Dade City is/was quad friendly, only practice on Thursday nights though.

L-Cross extreme events says quads are allowed on their website. I emailed them to verify. couldnt find a phone number... only open on weekends

Hardrock Cycle Park said quads were allowed, but we couldnt blow out the corners.... probably not going there cause the guy didnt sound like he liked quads, so hes not getting my business. however, they are open every day... they allow Side by sides on all the motocross tracks though, figure that logic out...

EDIT: Talked to a local through Facebook. He informed me that we have 3 options, Bartow and Sunshine as we already know. and Thundercross MX Park also allows quads. I contacted them and this is correct. The way it sounds Dade City is Bike only unless otherwise specified. they just changed this apparently.

Last edited by 5lblmbn2009; 01-03-2014 at 04:40 PM.

Hey we should meet up at sunshine/bartow. Those are very good tracks btw. Bartow is a fast track and sunshine is a more technical one.

I am going back to Florida in a few weeks, so late January / early Feb I will be there.

This sucks, there needs to be quad-only tracks built or something. Most tracks I know are coming down hard on quads.

PS
    I know a few guys that will come out on theri quads too there. So we might get a few guys to ride.
    Last edited by Z3r0Eff3ct; 01-03-2014 at 08:20 PM.

sounds good. ive got another one that is quad friendly. paxtraxmx.com

Yeah I heard about it. Looked up a video on Youtube, track looks very interesting. Too bad it's almost 3 hrs from Tampa. I might go there once just to check it out, othewrise I'll be in Sunshine/bartow. I'll PM me in a few weeks before I leave to FL.

sounds good. rode bartow today. great track, its different riding in the sand versus the hard-pack i'm used to!

Nice! Any quad riders?

Bartow is amazing. I'm also used to hard pack but the good thing with sand is that it don't get dirty. Sunshine on the other hand is dirt.

I've so far only done 2 of the 4 triples in Bartow. I also cased that table top in the back section pretty hard but plan to complete it next time lol. Apparently 4th gear wasn't enough to clear it. See you there soon man!

I was the only one. nice! I did do any of the triples but it was pretty sloppy from the big rain they had Friday night.

Anyone here from Miami area?? Planning to move to South Beach. Just wondering if any other fellow riders here

Sponsored Links