525 xc r they good enough to race mx
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By sticko2

Thread: 525 xc r they good enough to race mx

Junior Member Rookie

525 xc r they good enough to race mx

hi all , had a question hope this is in the right place to post it , are the 525 xc models good enough to race in mx reason being looking to get one but would like to ride it on the road as well as race it , know i no u might say get a 505 sx make it road legal which i still might , but it would be more ease to get a road legal xc model in the uk plus the sx they have none left in uk so they say but where theres a will theres a way . whats your thoughts is what im asking as iv never owned either of them .

Super Moderator KTMATVHQ Guru

Sx will die if you made it road legal. I have an xc on the road that is my backup bike and sx as race bike. Had a drag race with a 505 at the weekend on my xc and was only about half a bike length behind after 150m. That was with road gearing and 20" tires vs 18s. All my xc has is 540 kit, 12.5 piston, 806 cam and an sx slip on. I bet you wouldn't be that far behind with just the piston and cam. Got a 833 cam (more top end) to go in at some point and the 806 may be up for sale if i prefer the 833. I'm from scotland so ill pm you my number. Feel free to give me a shout tomorrow if there is anything you want to ask? Michael.
    tygas and Holmes22 like this.

Sponsored Links