Wiring Nightmare
    Junior Member Rookie

Wiring Nightmare

Hi, I have a 08 525xc and the previous owner ruined all the wiring, the key and entire handle bare bezel has been deleted and they hot wired through the kill switch along with the cooling fan always running. Can anyone post a picture of there wiring under the hood so I can see what it’s supposed to look like and try to fix it

Junior Member Rookie
    This is what it currently looks like
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wiring Nightmare-3ddc8014-1dab-43a8-af61-04f2b825aea7_1586736526849.jpeg  

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    Yikes...wire nuts? Didn't even go through the trouble of soldering them. Do you still have the factory controls on the handlebars or has the starter button cluster been replaced with a single bike style starter button? I can take a picture of my 525 under the hood tomorrow, but it has the factory KTM control delete so it'll look a little different.
    Mine:
    2017 Husky FX 450
    2009 505 SX
    2008 525 XC-modded for mx (currently 450 cylinder)
    Dad's:
    2009 450 SX
    2008 540 XC

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    I’m thinking the same thing quad97, whoever did that should be embarrassed. I used to solder and heat shrink, I found these cool little pieces that you just blast with heat and it has solder in it and it heat shrinks it for you, and then I heat shrink over that again. Pretty cool.
    I wouldn’t be trying to base thing off pictures. You have a much better bet going straight to a diagram and going from there.
    If you need quick help, I can give you my number. I don’t mind helping.
    Unless you removed the kill/ start switch stuff and then took the picture, the connector for the entire start switch is gone? What the....

Junior Member Rookie
    The factory control box that goes between the bars has been eliminated. The kill switch on the handle bar is how I turn it on and off. I didn’t know upon buying it that it wasnt supposed to be like that until I took the hood off and saw a wiring cluster

Member Rookie
    What’s your goal? Do you want to put all the factory switches back on or do you just want a switch for lights and a start and kill switch? I bought my quad in a similar state and I’m working on rewiring the whole thing. I would wire the fan to temp gauge and put it on the handlebars if it was me. But to each their own.

Junior Member Rookie
    I had Mark Baldwin from Baldwin Motorsports re-do my harness but its a race harness that eliminates all the unessessary wires that would cause problems. Depends on what you want.

Sponsored Links