Buying a 525 xc

Thread: Buying a 525 xc

Junior Member Rookie

Buying a 525 xc

Hey everyone! I am new to ktm atvs but am in the market for one. I currently have an 07 trx450r but just want to try something different. I have always loved the looks and performance of the 525 xc and now I have a chance to buy one. What are some common things to look for when buying a used 525 and what price should I expect to pay for one that is about a 4/5 condition? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Junior Member Rookie
    Change of plans. The 525 xc I was looking at has sold but I found a 505 sx. I still have the same question though. What should I look for and what should I expect to pay?

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    What type of riding are you doing? As for price it’s all over the place but I wouldn’t be paying more than 5500 ish for a fairly clean stock machine, engine hours also matters. A quad can be ridden at the dunes and look spotless but have lots of hours on the motor. Theres a lot to know about the KTMs, I would be doing lots of research and make sure it’s what you want.

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Rookie
    I do 80 percent fast trail riding and 20 percent track. I know the 505 wouldnt be as easy to ride on the trail but im really not worried about it. I ride a trx450r right now and comfort is not my main concern. I have been reading a lot about the 505 and it seems like a lot more upkeep than the xc models. I dont know if I really feel like doing that much maintenance. I may just look for another xc

I would be looking for another xc most definetly, xc will handle track much friendlier than a sx will handle tight trails, and the xc has reverse. The sx will take much more attention, and they do not make bottom end power like the xc. Another thing is if your expecting the costs of fixing whatever happens and basic maintenance to be the same price as your Honda, you are mistaken. The Ktm outperforms the Honda hands down, I have both. But the Ktm takes more money in my experience. Every time I get behind the bars of my Ktm it reminds me why I don’t ever want to let it go.

Junior Member Rookie
    Yea im definitely under no impression that it will cost the same as my honda. I’ve had my honda since I bought it new in 07 and all I have done to it is change the oil, change the air filter once, and change the battery. I will definitely look into an xc, because the maintenance of the sx is notnfor me.

I had six of them. sold 4 after my roll over. Now have a 570 and 540 and a yamaha 1000. all mine were in good shape and sold between 5-5.5K. I sold a 540xc with 40 hours for 7K
    Thanks Rich
    Megacab52

2008 KTM 570xc thumber kit, 6" extended, baldwin head, CT Racing exhaust, 41 carb, 24" scat trak extremes, set for hill climbing in the sand
    2009 KTM 525xc, stock
    2009 KTM 525xc, stock
    2008 KTM 540xc
    2008 KTM 540xc

Sponsored Links