How many ktm quads in the United States?
    Junior Member Rookie

How many ktm quads in the United States?

What’s going on guys . New to the form . Me and my buddy both own a ktm 450sx and I also own a ktm 505sx here in Florida. I’ve been wandering if anybody knows how many were sent to the United States?

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    I remember reading a post claiming KTM north said ~700 sx’s and ~3,700 xc’s we’re shipped to the US. Take away however many are parted out or junked in crashes or whatever, maybe add a few where people ordered frames and built them like that.

Senior Member Member
    Not many on here chatting any longer. A ghost town of sorts!!!
    Ride Hard or Go Home!

KTM Quads
    2008 525XC

Live life full throttle - because you never know when your engine may die!

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

Junior Member Rookie
    I wonder how many are still hanging around in the USA. I have never seen one in person there then mine and my friends . I had to drive all the way to Kentucky to get mine and I live in Florida .......

I drove 6 hours for mine.... I’ve seen two in OH where I ride, I don’t know anyone personally that has one.
    But I will say that as long as I can buy parts you would have to pry this thing from my cold dead hands!

Member Rookie
    I also reside in Florida, and I don't know anyone that owns one anymore. I have two 525XC's. Ill be putting one in the woods next week,
    at the GNCC race. Ready to Roll!
    2008 KTM 525XC #1
    2007 Suzuki LTR450
    2013 Can Am Renegade 1000XXC
    2008 KTM 525XC #2
    2016 Polaris RZR Turbo XP(Orange of Course)
    2017 Polaris Ranger High lifter XP1000

Let's Ride!

Member Rookie
    I think there is still limited demand for them. KTM should let their dealers special order them like once a year or something like that. Ill hang onto mine but if KTM would open it up I would be first in line.

KTM seems like they wanted to forget they ever made quads, from what I understand they wiped their hands of the manufacturing plants immediately and haven’t talked about it since. I’m assuming they lost a LOT of money on the whole thing. Although I have been informed KTM themselves still assembles some of their quads for certain purposes.

I have a 525XC and 505SX and I'm the original owner. The best quads ever made and I plan on keeping them as long as I can ride. Yeah, unfortunately KTM had a bad experience with quads. They came on the scene too late, right when the recession happened. Plus they were more expensive than the others by about 4 grand. Of course, the whole quad market has suffered since the recession. SXS have taken over. Now only Yamaha is making a 450, although I have heard rumors Honda has a new 450 ready and they are just waiting for the market to improve.
    2008 KTM 525 XC
    2009 KTM 505 SX

Quote Originally Posted by Youngwildandfree View Post
    KTM seems like they wanted to forget they ever made quads, from what I understand they wiped their hands of the manufacturing plants immediately and haven’t talked about it since. I’m assuming they lost a LOT of money on the whole thing. Although I have been informed KTM themselves still assembles some of their quads for certain purposes.
    What do you mean they "assemble quads for certain purposes?" Like what?
    2008 KTM 525 XC
    2009 KTM 505 SX

Rally builds, as you can see they are quite different from the ones we know, however. How many ktm quads in the United States?-c297be4b-5c90-4a20-8b4e-422f82af2335.jpeg

Sponsored Links