How many people would like an ignition key delete?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    Very Nice! thats what im looking for. last night was my first race day of the season and i hit my on/off handlebar switch twice.needless to say that is coming off. the way it looks you should be able to just pull the tether with your setup and no need to run the switch?

-09 450sx- KTM slip-on, Bills a-arms, Rocket Ron WP's.

-09 450sx- Bill's pipe, and a-arms, PEP Shocks, Baldwin head, Walt's dual squirt AP nozzle and 41.5mm bore.

Both have Quadtech hoods, Ranchero carbs, Kiwi's spring mod, KTM Bill skidplates, High flow water pumps, KTM Bumpers, and Pro Armor Nerfs.

2014 Sponsors- 38 Motorsports, Leatt Brace, Vertex Pistons, 100%, Lucas Oil, Jettrim, Streamline Brakes, Gaerne, KTMPartsHouse

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    Thanks! Yep you can do that, you can pull it then put it right back in or leave it out it will still stay turned off
    2008 ktm 525xc: 95mm CP 13:1 piston, 41mm carb, 807 cam, +1 Kimblewhite valves, Racers Edge porting, FMF exhaust with powerbomb, SX intake, Crank Works Balanced Crank, DJH pressure feed for right main bearing and cup for left main bearing, mino hiflow water pump, All 4 Racing A-arms, LSR Axle, Rocket Ron Suspension

My 2014 Sponsors:
    GPS Offroad Products, Elka Suspension, Risk Racing, Twin Air, Lonestar Racing, GoPro

when you get it done, ill probably be in for one at first and maybe a second later on. the 2010 parts are all out of stock and they arnt sure when they are getting them if ever. i have my harness stripped as far as it can go, so hopefully it will still work out fine.

-09 450sx- Bill's pipe, and a-arms, PEP Shocks, Baldwin head, Walt's dual squirt AP nozzle and 41.5mm bore.

Both have Quadtech hoods, Ranchero carbs, Kiwi's spring mod, KTM Bill skidplates, High flow water pumps, KTM Bumpers, and Pro Armor Nerfs.

2014 Sponsors- 38 Motorsports, Leatt Brace, Vertex Pistons, 100%, Lucas Oil, Jettrim, Streamline Brakes, Gaerne, KTMPartsHouse

4. Remove Advertisements
    KTMATVHQ.com
    Advertisements

It should work just fine as long as you didn't change how the key switch or the switches on the handlebars are wired, if not I can change it to make it work. I want to test it on my quad first, once I get my engine back together, just to make sure everything is gonna work good so it will probably be a couple weeks.
    2008 ktm 525xc: 95mm CP 13:1 piston, 41mm carb, 807 cam, +1 Kimblewhite valves, Racers Edge porting, FMF exhaust with powerbomb, SX intake, Crank Works Balanced Crank, DJH pressure feed for right main bearing and cup for left main bearing, mino hiflow water pump, All 4 Racing A-arms, LSR Axle, Rocket Ron Suspension

My 2014 Sponsors:
    GPS Offroad Products, Elka Suspension, Risk Racing, Twin Air, Lonestar Racing, GoPro

thats fine. i ended up changing some of the plugs and straight wired fan... but we will see once it gets the O.K. for more info on it.

Update: I figured I'd test drawing some current with through one of the mosfets. Drawing 10 amps through one of them gets them pretty warm I found the specs and they are only rated to disipate 83 watts of heat which is about 7 amps at 12 volts I'm getting some rated for 300 watt so those should barely get warm up at 25 amps with no heatsink, should be good now Got a new fuse for my meter and it will read down to microamps, with it powered off it uses 00.0 micro amps so no need to worry about any battery drain whatsoever
    Last edited by tylerallout; 04-30-2013 at 05:47 AM.

My 2014 Sponsors:

Super Moderator KTMATVHQ Guru

Does a stock ignition setup drain any power when the key is off?

Not super sure about the sx but assuming it is almost the same as the xc, no it doesn't but if the key is on it will drain power.

My 2014 Sponsors:

Senior Member Member
    so would the tether cord act as the key? and i guess you would be able to leave it in gear so no one could roll it away? sorry i'm still a noob
    2009 KTM 525 XC
    Walsh a-arms, Custom Axis Pro Air fronts, Dirt bike CDI, Baldwin dual electric fan set up, Custom Axis soft ride rear shock, KTM Bills complete exhaust, Baldwin port/polish carb to 41mm, FCI
    13:1 CP piston, 8/06 cam

Sure, you could use it as a key if you wanted too. It wont start unless it is attached, unless they are smart enough to unplug the switch, then it will start

My 2014 Sponsors:

Junior Member Rookie
    Guys, what is the latest on this? Is there a simple DIY method of removing the Key assembly?

I ended up building a few of them and I have been using one for a year no with no problems, also sold one to a forum member on here.

My 2014 Sponsors:

Whats cost for one?
    2008 Ktm thumper 540 12.5:1, thumper trail port, kw valves, 806 cam, carillo rod w/ welded crank pin, mino hf pump, 41.5 mm carb with hrc needle, drilled squirter to .020", 160 main, 40 pilot, 45 leak jet, emulsion tube, beadlocks, ac nerf bars, elka steering stabalizer, ignition curve switch, bills pipe, fci intake, thumper crankcase breather, steering stem bearing mod, frame scuff guards, (6 pack rack, A arm, swing arm, frame body guards) from prm, 15t sprocket

2000 Lt80
    2000 Rancher 4wd

Here's a couple of pictures that I took after I built them last year:
    How many people would like an ignition key delete?-img_1281.jpgHow many people would like an ignition key delete?-img_1282.jpg
    I painted them all black as well. I only have one left and I want to keep it for myself just in case I need it. I would be willing to make more but only if a few people wanted them because the circuit boards are really kind of pain to make one at a time. I'd like to get $85 shipped for one.
    Last edited by tylerallout; 05-06-2014 at 10:14 PM.

My 2014 Sponsors:

Junior Member Rookie

Still making these?

Quote Originally Posted by tylerallout View Post
    Here's a couple of pictures that I took after I built them last year:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1281.JPG 
Views:	211 
Size:	3.38 MB 
ID:	9632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1282.JPG 
Views:	205 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	9633
    I painted them all black as well. I only have one left and I want to keep it for myself just in case I need it. I would be willing to make more but only if a few people wanted them because the circuit boards are really kind of pain to make one at a time. I'd like to get $85 shipped for one.
    Hello are you still making these?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links