KTM ATV HQ Forums banner

Hiper Wheel off set??

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Foxracin 
#1 ·
I'm looking at getting the 9x9 dual beadlock but which off set is everyone running. 4+5 or 3+6? The 3/6 would seem to be too wide and need to move the axle spacers around. Always ran 8" wheels? Found a good set of used 3/6s but I kinda wanted 4/5s.

#2 ·
stick to 9" better tire selection and less sidewall to get trashed in XC conditions. i run douglas wheels myself but i know there's people running both hiper setups and changing up spacers. generally speaking id run the 4+5

#4 ·
HiPer 9x9's are really closer to 4:4.5 (in : out). Compared to the 3:5's that come on the bike, the rear will narrow up by around .75" per side. If you are running HiPer Tech 3 4:1s up front, those come out closer to 4:1.5s which makes the front end something like 1" wider. Overall, the rear of my quads with stock hubs offset in and the HiPer Tech 3s comes out at around 44" where the front comes to about 46.5" The problem is that the rear is only adjustable in 1.5" steps on each side, which means the rear can be widened out to 47", but not 46".

Recently, I've had some custom spacers machined that will allow me to add 1" per side so that I can get the rear out to 46". I haven't got them mounted yet, so I'm not certain that the width will come out perfect, but there's a chance I could get sets of them machined if there's interest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.