+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Dynatek CDI and Coil

Junior Member Rookie

Dynatek CDI and Coil

Due to some interest in my introduction post I'm going to go ahead and post some new products we have, if I've posted in the wrong area please let me know

First up is the Dynatek FS programmable Ignition

Features include
    Programmable Timing Curves (4)
    Programmable Rev Limits
    Increased Spark Energy
    Improved Throttle Response
    Easier Starting
    Programmable RPM Activated Outputs(Can be used for Nitrous Activation, Shift Light, Auto Shifter, or Boost Control)
    Tach Output*
    Shift Kill Interrupt*(Allows clutchless shifting)
    External Curve Selector Switch
    Plug-In Module Replacement (Easy Mounting)
    * Not available on all models, check this table for exact options by model

Second is the Dynatek Coil Kit

High output coil with all connections and brackets required for proper fitting onto a 525XC

Dynojet also makes a jet kit for the 525xc while it is not a new product I figured I should put it in here for a complete list of Dynojet(Dynatek is a part of Dynojet) products on the ATV Dynojet Jet Kits - KTM ATV Jet Kits

I personally have all these products on my own 08 525xc so I'd be more then happy to answer any and all questions.

-joe
    Last edited by Dyno_Joe; 06-15-2011 at 08:14 PM.
    525 XC
    HMF Competition Slip On
    Dynojet 150 Main Jet
    Dynojet Wideband 2 w/ LCD screen
    AC Nerf Bars
    Dynatek Programmable FS CDI
    Dynatek Coil Kit
    44.8whp 34.4 ft.lbs.

http://i1139.photobucket.com/albums/...h_inc_logo.jpg

Senior Member Member
    Looks pretty sweet. Who else makes an aftermarket CDI for the XC models? Just curious
    -- 08 KTM 450xc - Still brand new. Only 3 rides on the ice

-- 03 Suzuki Z400 -- Sold

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    Does this CDI eliminate clutch and throttle safety switch ?
    KTM RIDAA likes this.

www.ATVriders.pl

Sponsors: Lonestars, Fourwerx, KTM, Precision, Quady Srem Racing Team, PEP suspension

Finally! I loved the dynas I had before. How much do these parts run and can u give us a forum discount?
    99mm thumper cylinder 15:1 comp, Crankworks billet stroker, Custom Carrillo short rod, Racers edge +4ti head, 48mm hsr carb, Shortened and stretched trx fci intake, Custom programmed vortex

296lbs ready to ride. This might be the fastest ktm duner in the world

Junior Member Rookie
    basketballl00011 I'm not completely sure who else makes them, sorry I can't be of much help.I've never looked to be honest.

Kamyk This CDI does eliminate the safety on the throttle, my understanding that the clutch safety(I'm assuming you mean the safety to killswitch the starter button unless the clutch is held) is linked to the starter and not the CDI so we have done nothing with that.

5.0fox, gald to see you have previous good experiences with our products. This product has just finished our testing process, and the price is currently being determined. I will let you guys know price as soon as I do. Unfortunately since I work in R&D I have nothing to do with sales and thus have no say in discounts.
    525 XC
    HMF Competition Slip On
    Dynojet 150 Main Jet
    AC Nerf Bars
    Dynatek Coil Kit
    44.8whp 34.4 ft.lbs.

Senior Member Member
    This looks like something else i need to add to my long becoming list. If you talk to Sales and work in a discount for us, you'll get brownie points from us . lol

Also, i see your CDI's had launch control depending on application. Will this have launch control on the KTM's?
    Last edited by basketballl00011; 06-15-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Administrator KTMATVHQ Guru
    Joe can you tell us more about what is involved with programing these units, laptop hook up, special software etc.

The only other programmable unit out there is the Vortex

Big gun did a replacement CDI box with 4 selectable curves but have discontinued that unit. I suspect it was a procom in disguise........

Procom offers a selectable box for the Polaris 450, not sure if it is swappable to the KTM, I don't like how they bumped the limiter up to 11,000, thats instant engine blow on these long stroke motors........

joe could you do a post on the Dynojet Wideband 2 w/ LCD screen unit please
    KTM 505 SX: Web cams / 13.5:1 custom CP / balanced and modded crank / custom Vortex X10 ignition / Ported head / 43.5mm billet centre bored carb / KTM Akrapovic muffler / Mino hi vol water pump / 12 deg flexx's / houser stem / elka 5 / PEP PB1's and PEP LT rear / Walsh Flow A Arms / Quad tech seat & Foam / CF nose / FCI intake / relocated batt box / KTM Bill header / KTM factory SS Oil Pump setup / Manual cam chain tensioner Next round of mods: oil cooler........ the NEW TOP DOG 114 hrs…. best race engine I've owned

KTM 554 XC
    : sx style crank, light weight SXF flywheel, TT sxf stator, steel linered cylinder, custom JE piston ceramic coating, plus 1 ported head / 807 cam, 43.5mm carb. Mino hi vol water pump. KTM Bill custom exhaust, FCI intake, JB A Arms, PEP PB1s front LT and rear , Lonestar axle, 12 deg Flexx's, CF nose, elka 3 steering damper, KTM factory nerfs, factory white plastic and graphics / gell cell battery Next round of mods: oil cooler........

gotta stop spending $$$ on these KTM's...…..

Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS - 2011
    , lonestar plus 2 A Arms, cut MXR front shocks (minus 1 ") with ZPS / ttripple rate, FUJ rear suspension rear shock mount units drops ride height 2", FUJ HD adj sway bar, 1.5” rear billet wheel spacers, Polaris nerfs, bumper and rear rack, Yoshi competition slip on, Pro Taper bars, acerbis hand guards, Trailtech GPS with billet protector. KTM throttle / Honda Front master cylinder and shorty lever / 41mm carb & hi flow intake runner / big filter / Billet FCR transition ring. Modified rear spring package / rear revalve.

next round of mods: 8/33 cam, Hi Flow water pump and 540 cylinder / wossner piston waiting to go in, fastway 3 steering damper ala KTM setup, custom header using KTM XC header as a starting piece, light flywheel setup.
    gotta have something to modify this year !

LTR 450
    , My Wife Nicola's ride & my back up mxer - 493 BB / JE piston / special order Yoshi motard cams / custom fueling map / tcs LT ZPS front end setup, TCS rear ZPS revalve / ims tank / TB exhaust / power commander / proflo - K&N / 14 deg flexx's / race nerfs / armadillo bumper/ Denton damper, next round of mods: ported head and carillo rod...... the clark kent of the ATV trio ! 210 hrs and still going strong ! the BB kit transformed this machine, it hauls the mail now !!!!

A garage full of wheels and tires for them all........ speedway / sand / MX / cross country, over 30 at last count all on rims ready to rock

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013
    NZ Vets (40+) North Island MX champ 08, 09, 12 & 13
    NZ TT champ Vets (40+) 06, 08, 09,12 & 13
    Auckland ATV Club Sprint Series Champ 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 13
    hope to get a good season in for the remainder of 2014.......finding time to ride being the biggest problem !

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict

Dyno_Joe
    you'll find I also have exp. on the dyno, I post everything I test, and I post true results, If you company is willing, send me those products, I'll test them on my own quad, on a dynojet, post the results and even send the products back to you, no better way to prove a product works, then have an indepent person test it out for you..
    Home of Fastranchero carb Mods!!!!
    Rides: 1964 ranchero 565HP, 1965 Mercury Comet Convert. stocker, 1978 Fairmont sleeper inline 6 497hp and 499ft lbs to the ground.. 03 cummins for pullin toys,
    10 Mustang GT, 1971 Pinto project
    08 525 XC
    06 Apex pro MX 100 little girls race bike
    LTZ 250 wifes bike
    05 Raptor 50 little ones bike
    engine builder,

Junior Member Rookie
    Basketball I've edited my original post to match this ones features, that was taken from our catalogue which is more generic, my apologies. We don't have the launch control on this unit, we do have the shift kill interrupt which is really cool I have it on my quad(which is actually in the pictures and was used as the test mule.) It allows full throttle, clutch less shifting. This is done by momentarily cutting the ignition when the switch is pressed, which unloads the transmission. During this time, the rider can shift up to the next gear without rolling off the throttle or using the clutch.

Programming is done via our free software found here Dynatek Performance Electronics - Downloads and with this product Dynatek Performance Electronics - ATV/Scooter/Dirtbike Programming Kits I recommend the DIPK-7 since its USB based and not 9 pin serial which most laptops don't have.

I can indeed do a wideband 2 post. It will be tomorrow as my KTM is at home and I want to get pictures for you guys.

I can talk to someone about it racnhero, it would most likely be the one off my quad since its our prototype test model I don't foresee any issues with that. You run a tuning shop I take it(since you have one of our dynos)?
    Last edited by Dyno_Joe; 06-15-2011 at 08:28 PM.
    525 XC
    HMF Competition Slip On
    Dynojet 150 Main Jet
    AC Nerf Bars
    Dynatek Coil Kit
    44.8whp 34.4 ft.lbs.

Like kamyk said what about the tps? does it eliminate this like the dirtbike cdi box does?
    tits tires and vp fuel

Junior Member Rookie
    I noted that in an above post, perhaps I was unclear, anyways it does indeed eliminate the Throttle safety. :-)
    525 XC
    HMF Competition Slip On
    Dynojet 150 Main Jet
    AC Nerf Bars
    Dynatek Coil Kit
    44.8whp 34.4 ft.lbs.

ok i was trying to understand it ha thanks, but i may look into it, may dirtbike cdi box i got on the bike revs out way to aggresive compared to stock n im afraid of blowing it up.
    tits tires and vp fuel

Junior Member Rookie
    One of our CDI boxes?
    525 XC
    HMF Competition Slip On
    Dynojet 150 Main Jet
    AC Nerf Bars
    Dynatek Coil Kit
    44.8whp 34.4 ft.lbs.

Administrator KTMATVHQ Guru
    no, a common "mod' is to fit the SX-F 450 dirtbike CDI but the limiters like 11k rpm which is way to high for the XC engine and no way of altering it............
    KTM 505 SX: Web cams / 13.5:1 custom CP / balanced and modded crank / custom Vortex X10 ignition / Ported head / 43.5mm billet centre bored carb / KTM Akrapovic muffler / Mino hi vol water pump / 12 deg flexx's / houser stem / elka 5 / PEP PB1's and PEP LT rear / Walsh Flow A Arms / Quad tech seat & Foam / CF nose / FCI intake / relocated batt box / KTM Bill header / KTM factory SS Oil Pump setup / Manual cam chain tensioner Next round of mods: oil cooler........ the NEW TOP DOG 114 hrs…. best race engine I've owned

KTM 554 XC
    : sx style crank, light weight SXF flywheel, TT sxf stator, steel linered cylinder, custom JE piston ceramic coating, plus 1 ported head / 807 cam, 43.5mm carb. Mino hi vol water pump. KTM Bill custom exhaust, FCI intake, JB A Arms, PEP PB1s front LT and rear , Lonestar axle, 12 deg Flexx's, CF nose, elka 3 steering damper, KTM factory nerfs, factory white plastic and graphics / gell cell battery Next round of mods: oil cooler........

gotta stop spending $$$ on these KTM's...…..

Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS - 2011
    , lonestar plus 2 A Arms, cut MXR front shocks (minus 1 ") with ZPS / ttripple rate, FUJ rear suspension rear shock mount units drops ride height 2", FUJ HD adj sway bar, 1.5” rear billet wheel spacers, Polaris nerfs, bumper and rear rack, Yoshi competition slip on, Pro Taper bars, acerbis hand guards, Trailtech GPS with billet protector. KTM throttle / Honda Front master cylinder and shorty lever / 41mm carb & hi flow intake runner / big filter / Billet FCR transition ring. Modified rear spring package / rear revalve.

next round of mods: 8/33 cam, Hi Flow water pump and 540 cylinder / wossner piston waiting to go in, fastway 3 steering damper ala KTM setup, custom header using KTM XC header as a starting piece, light flywheel setup.
    gotta have something to modify this year !

LTR 450
    , My Wife Nicola's ride & my back up mxer - 493 BB / JE piston / special order Yoshi motard cams / custom fueling map / tcs LT ZPS front end setup, TCS rear ZPS revalve / ims tank / TB exhaust / power commander / proflo - K&N / 14 deg flexx's / race nerfs / armadillo bumper/ Denton damper, next round of mods: ported head and carillo rod...... the clark kent of the ATV trio ! 210 hrs and still going strong ! the BB kit transformed this machine, it hauls the mail now !!!!

A garage full of wheels and tires for them all........ speedway / sand / MX / cross country, over 30 at last count all on rims ready to rock

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013
    NZ Vets (40+) North Island MX champ 08, 09, 12 & 13
    NZ TT champ Vets (40+) 06, 08, 09,12 & 13
    Auckland ATV Club Sprint Series Champ 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 13
    hope to get a good season in for the remainder of 2014.......finding time to ride being the biggest problem !

Do you have a estimated date of when the CDI will be available? I have been looking for one, glad to see you guys are making one for the KTM
    Last edited by AZ450XC; 06-15-2011 at 11:32 PM.
    2013 Sponsors: GPS Offroad Products, Rath Racing, Fasst Company, BioTearOffs, EKS X-Brand Goggles,Twin Air, BRM Offroad Graphics, GoPro, Arizona Motocity, Leatt Brace, FourWerx Carbon, Motorex USA.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member
    Definitely interested! Keep us posted...

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Member

I want one to!
    '08 450XC
    -KTM Nerfs
    -HMF Competition Series Slip On
    -G4 Graphics Kit
    -Pro Armor front Bumper
    -KTM Belly Skid
    -KTM A-arm skids
    -Cyrca Hand Guards
    FastRanchero Modded Carb

Junior Member Rookie
    @AZ450XC Very soon, the R&D phase is done all we have to do is get the final OK from the higher up's on setting the price, and when they can get them into production and out the door.

Here is the optional button for the shift kill interrupt on the CDI.

As requested by Kiwi-Craig here is the Dynojet Wideband 2 LCD photos and info.
    Here are the details regarding the wideband 2 Dynojet Wide Band 2 Product Details, WB2 Product Information, Air/Fuel Ratio Monitor Kit

Here are the pics as mounted on my 08 525xc. I'm aware sitting out in the rain is no place for a KTM, but I just moved here and the garage is not yet built.

Here is the Bosch Wideband sensor mounted on the exhaust, requires you to drill and weld a bung in.

Here is the optional button for the shift kill interrupt

Finally here is the LCD screen displaying Throttle position, Lambda, RPM, and Air fuel Ratio. The colors, and layout of the gauge are adjustable.
    Last edited by Dyno_Joe; 06-16-2011 at 02:23 AM.
    525 XC
    HMF Competition Slip On
    Dynojet 150 Main Jet
    AC Nerf Bars
    Dynatek Coil Kit
    44.8whp 34.4 ft.lbs.

Senior Member Member
    So i'm assuming that Wideband 2 is fairly durable? Obviously waterproof as you have it in the rain, but how well will it stand up to taken on the trails and getting the occasional mud on it? (Yes i know a ktm doesn't belong in the mud, but sometimes you have no choice)

-- Also just realized you guys had other Wideband 2's that offered regular gauges instead of LCD, im curious to the durability on those as well?

Junior Member Rookie
    Everything we make is shock and weather resistant. All of us at work ride something, we all use our own products as well. That wideband was up in the mountains last week riding in the muddy trails. The normal guage widebands hold up well too. We have seen them on every type of vehicle made, cars, atv's, utv's, snowmobiles, bikes of all kinds. They hold up very well.
    525 XC
    HMF Competition Slip On
    Dynojet 150 Main Jet
    AC Nerf Bars
    Dynatek Coil Kit
    44.8whp 34.4 ft.lbs.

Ads