+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member KTMATVHQ Guru
    Does anybody know the closest match to KTM orange in powder coating powder? safety orange is what I have researched to be the closest SO far, but I want to be certain first.
    #33#

SOLD-2009 KTM450sx
    Quadtech hood,KTM/FMF exhaust , Ohlins stab, FASST Flexx bars, KTM full net nerfs,KTM map switch, Dirt bike CDI, KTM start button, Spastic number plates,Jettrim seat, Custom Lower A arms, Fox Evols and Podium, Ranchero Carb Mod, Custom battery relocation mount under front hood.

Member Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by bradmulvey View Post
    Does anybody know the closest match to KTM orange in powder coating powder? safety orange is what I have researched to be the closest SO far, but I want to be certain first.

That would be the closest thing i have found as well.

Senior Member KTMATVHQ Addict
    The older version of Kubota orange is close too.

sweet! Im glad you guys came up with the same thing then
    #33#

SOLD-2009 KTM450sx
    Quadtech hood,KTM/FMF exhaust , Ohlins stab, FASST Flexx bars, KTM full net nerfs,KTM map switch, Dirt bike CDI, KTM start button, Spastic number plates,Jettrim seat, Custom Lower A arms, Fox Evols and Podium, Ranchero Carb Mod, Custom battery relocation mount under front hood.

may wanna try simplicity orange too, i haven't tried a test spray, but its another orange to try...

their is also ariens orange, but i think its too light.
    built 400 ex 461, all done up, sleeeeper. 47hp, 32lb/ft... sold

450xc, baldwin head w/Ti valves... motoworks full system... never done...
    i may ask a lot questions, but i also know some things.
    i dont capitalize, or punctuate or use spell check, but i will joke sometimes about spellcheck

I just ordered some RAS SAfety orange. I will let you know how well it matches
    #33#

SOLD-2009 KTM450sx

Quote Originally Posted by powertechn2 View Post
    may wanna try simplicity orange too, i haven't tried a test spray, but its another orange to try...

their is also ariens orange, but i think its too light.

Quite the interesting mower there... Id like to see what one of those is like
    #33#

SOLD-2009 KTM450sx

well, they mow good, as long as you have a good lawn, if you have a shitty lawn, they dont do so good.

i had a lot of experience with a model that husqvarna had that was almost identical, it mowed awesome... if you had a nice lawn, if you had ruts or anything uneven, and a blade caught, it would break the timing pin, and then blades hit themselves, and bend deck.....

i see alot of bent decks.

exmark has some smaller zeroturns that offer smaller turning radius than both the simplicity and the husq, and more forward speed...

i just found that pic for the color comparo, but really, if anyone has any mower or any other outdoor power equipment questions, just post in off topic aka lounge, and i will answer.

simplicity has been bought by briggs, and briggs own murray, and so now most, not all but most simplicity models have became price point and lost quality.

i dont capitalize, or punctuate or use spell check, but i will joke sometimes about spellcheck

Quote Originally Posted by powertechn2 View Post
    well, they mow good, as long as you have a good lawn, if you have a shitty lawn, they dont do so good.

i had a lot of experience with a model that husqvarna had that was almost identical, it mowed awesome... if you had a nice lawn, if you had ruts or anything uneven, and a blade caught, it would break the timing pin, and then blades hit themselves, and bend deck.....

i see alot of bent decks.

exmark has some smaller zeroturns that offer smaller turning radius than both the simplicity and the husq, and more forward speed...

i just found that pic for the color comparo, but really, if anyone has any mower or any other outdoor power equipment questions, just post in off topic aka lounge, and i will answer.

simplicity has been bought by briggs, and briggs own murray, and so now most, not all but most simplicity models have became price point and lost quality.
    Ive seen the Husqyvarna before, but never used one.. I have a 48" Walker MT26EFI for my lawn care. Then a 21" Toro . DO you do lawn care also?
    #33#

SOLD-2009 KTM450sx

Quote Originally Posted by bradmulvey View Post
    Ive seen the Husqyvarna before, but never used one.. I have a 48" Walker MT26EFI for my lawn care. Then a 21" Toro . DO you do lawn care also?

no, im in the outdoor power equipment business as a tech.

the husq zero turn commercial riders were pretty good, they had issues. the one i was referring to was their front mower, i forget the model number, but it had a timed deck, left ZERO stragglers, just if you hit anything, the timing went all to hell.

lemme find a pic of what i mow with... its orange too lol...

its old, but i got a swinging deal on it, and a buncha attachments. its like a 92 i think. only 700 and some odd hours.

Wow! an Onan motor! I cant say Ive ever seen one of those in a mower...
    #33#

SOLD-2009 KTM450sx

yep its older, but a good runner. they were used alot in like late 80's and early 90's in toro (wheelhorse) jd, and ingersoll/case which is what that is. the transaxle is driven off a hydro pump attached to the flywheel side shaft. its interesting set-up, and does like 7.5mph in high lol.

That to me is more than fast enough to mow with. i have a speed up kit on my Walker and i think it brings it to 7.5mph also. I have been thinking about getting a power mower with a sulky in the next couple years. Like a little 13hp Walker or toro.
    #33#

SOLD-2009 KTM450sx

So I got some safety orange and its too lite. I used RAS Safety orange. I compared it to Traffic orange and I think that will be the meal ticket. I have some coming so I will let you all know in a couple days
    #33#

SOLD-2009 KTM450sx

it can be such a pita to match colors, it really sucks when you get one batch that is right, then next batch off.

if you get a walk behind with sulky, go more that 13hp, esp if your going more than like a 32inch. the most common w/b we sell is a 48/18 hydro, if you use a sulky on a gear drive they tend to really be hard on the belts and the trans, and when they get wet ( think morning dew or really moist days) or heavy grass (sticks in pulleys) they slip, and reverse on a gear drive is almost non-existant with an attachment.

my bud took his kubota compact home on saturday otherwise i would see how close the color is to the KTM.

Administrator KTMATVHQ Guru
    http://www.custompowdercoating.com/

looks like these guys have KTM orange down and done.......
    KTM 505 SX: Web cams / 13.5:1 custom CP / balanced and modded crank / custom Vortex X10 ignition / Ported head / 43.5mm billet centre bored carb / KTM Akrapovic muffler / Mino hi vol water pump / 12 deg flexx's / houser stem / elka 5 / PEP PB1's and PEP LT rear / Walsh Flow A Arms / Quad tech seat & Foam / CF nose / FCI intake / relocated batt box / KTM Bill header / KTM factory SS Oil Pump setup / Manual cam chain tensioner Next round of mods: oil cooler........ the NEW TOP DOG 114 hrs…. best race engine I've owned

KTM 554 XC
    : sx style crank, light weight SXF flywheel, TT sxf stator, steel linered cylinder, custom JE piston ceramic coating, plus 1 ported head / 807 cam, 43.5mm carb. Mino hi vol water pump. KTM Bill custom exhaust, FCI intake, JB A Arms, PEP PB1s front LT and rear , Lonestar axle, 12 deg Flexx's, CF nose, elka 3 steering damper, KTM factory nerfs, factory white plastic and graphics / gell cell battery Next round of mods: oil cooler........

gotta stop spending $$$ on these KTM's...…..

Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS - 2011
    , lonestar plus 2 A Arms, cut MXR front shocks (minus 1 ") with ZPS / ttripple rate, FUJ rear suspension rear shock mount units drops ride height 2", FUJ HD adj sway bar, 1.5” rear billet wheel spacers, Polaris nerfs, bumper and rear rack, Yoshi competition slip on, Pro Taper bars, acerbis hand guards, Trailtech GPS with billet protector. KTM throttle / Honda Front master cylinder and shorty lever / 41mm carb & hi flow intake runner / big filter / Billet FCR transition ring. Modified rear spring package / rear revalve.

next round of mods: 8/33 cam, Hi Flow water pump and 540 cylinder / wossner piston waiting to go in, fastway 3 steering damper ala KTM setup, custom header using KTM XC header as a starting piece, light flywheel setup.
    gotta have something to modify this year !

LTR 450
    , My Wife Nicola's ride & my back up mxer - 493 BB / JE piston / special order Yoshi motard cams / custom fueling map / tcs LT ZPS front end setup, TCS rear ZPS revalve / ims tank / TB exhaust / power commander / proflo - K&N / 14 deg flexx's / race nerfs / armadillo bumper/ Denton damper, next round of mods: ported head and carillo rod...... the clark kent of the ATV trio ! 210 hrs and still going strong ! the BB kit transformed this machine, it hauls the mail now !!!!

A garage full of wheels and tires for them all........ speedway / sand / MX / cross country, over 30 at last count all on rims ready to rock

NZ # 1 Vets champ 2013
    NZ Vets (40+) North Island MX champ 08, 09, 12 & 13
    NZ TT champ Vets (40+) 06, 08, 09,12 & 13
    Auckland ATV Club Sprint Series Champ 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12 & 13
    hope to get a good season in for the remainder of 2014.......finding time to ride being the biggest problem !

Traffic Orange is dead on the nuts...
    #33#

SOLD-2009 KTM450sx

Ads